Work in Australia as an Educational Psychologist with a Skills in Demand Visa

Clinical Psychologist

Addiction Consellor

Educational Psychologist

Organisational Psychologist


Mental Health Nurse

Work in Australia as an Educational Psychologist with Visa Sponsorship


There is no age limit or points score requirement to work in Australia as an Educational Psychologist. Due to a shortage of qualified Educational Psychologists in, the role is on the new Core Skills in Demand List.


This means Internationally Qualified Educational Psychologists can live and work in Australia with the new Skills in Demand (SID) Visa with a clear pathway to Permanent Residence. This new Employer Sponsored Visa replaced the old TSS Visa and makes it much easier for employers to hire Educational Psychologists.


If you are an Educational Psychologist seriously considering working in Australia then Medical Migration™ would love to hear from you. We work exclusively with ‘job ready’ Mental Health Candidates and approved Employers throughout Australia actively hiring Internationally Qualified Educational Psychology Professionals.

Skills in Demand Visa for Educational Psychologists


  • Live and work in Australia
  • Includes immediate family members
  • No age limit to get a Visa
  • No minimum Immigration points score
  • Four year work visa renewable once (8 years total)
  • Clear pathway to Permanent Residence
  • Change employers with 180 days grace period
  • No English test required
  • Visas processed in less than 4 weeks
  • Migration Skills Assessment not required

Criteria to apply for Educational Psychologist Jobs in Australia


While there are thousands of vacancies for Educational Psychologists in Australia, to be seriously considered for Employer Sponsored Visas these are the steps you are required to take:


  • Get a Provisional License form the Psychology Board (AHPRA)
  • Obtain a job offer from an Australian healthcare employer
  • Apply for a Skills in Demand Visa
  • Engage in continuous professional development


Licensing as an Educational Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia


To get an Employer Sponsored Educational Psychologist job in Australia, overseas professionals must register with the Australian Health Psychology Board (AHPRA).


Without your Provisional Registration Medical Migration™ cannot present you to suitable employers. As you can imagine, Australian Educational Psychology employers receive hundreds of speculative applications from all over the World.


Getting your provisional registration in place before approaching Educational Psychology employers achieves the following:


  • Shows you are ‘Job Ready’
  • Demonstrates your commitment to actually moving to Australia
  • You are able to start work immediately
  • Shows you have passed background checks
  • Ensures you can work in Australia as an Educational Psychologist


Even though you are a qualified Educational Psychologist in your home country, Australian employers have no way of verifying this, so are unlikely to offer you an interview (or even reply to your application) without you being Licensed.


As a dedicated recruitment agency for Internationally Qualified Educational Psychologists, Medical Migration™ can do your Psychology Board Registration for you, saving you time and giving you the reassurance of doing it correctly. Learn More


After your Psychology Board of Australia registration we will work to place you. Our Recruitment Service is available to all Educational Psychologists that have their provisional registration, regardless of whether you used our Registration Services.


Step 1: Skills Assessment and Licensing


The skills assessment process for Educational Psychologists is a complex process yet accessible if you follow the right steps. The purpose of licensing is to validate and provide evidence of your identity, skills, experience, and qualifications as an Educational Psychologist.


Step 2: Academic Transcript Submission


Overseas Educational Psychologist applicants need to have their original academic transcripts sent directly to the Psychology Board of AHPRA by their educational institution.


Step 3: Send Course Syllabus and Handbook


You may need to submit copies of the course syllabus or course handbook for each qualification, including learning outcomes, assessment tasks, and textbooks used for each unit. This is unlikely if you qualified as an Educational Psychologist in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.


Step 4: Internship or Supervised Practice


You must evidence the completion of at least 1500 hours of internship or supervised practice as an Educational Psychologist, demonstrating competence in:


  • Knowledge of the discipline
  • Ethical, legal, and professional matters
  • Psychological assessment and measurement
  • Intervention strategies
  • Research and evaluation
  • Communication and interpersonal relationships
  • Working with people from diverse groups
  • Practice across the lifespan


You can provide evidence for the 1500 hours through:


  • Supervision reports
  • Supervision logs
  • Detailed position descriptions
  • Other placement reports


Step 5: Document Preparation for the Psychology Board of Australia


Prepare and submit the following documents:


  • APOS-76 form: Application for general registration as an Educational Psychologist


  • Proof of Identity: Certified copies of your passport


  • Statement of Employment: Documentation covering the past five years


  • Proof of English Proficiency: Proof your education was in English


  • University Transcripts: Records of education and clinical hours


  • Curriculum Vitae (CV): also known as a Resume


  • Degree Certificates: Certified copies of your qualifications


  • Fit2Work: International criminal history check


  • Certificate of Good Standing: From your country’s Psychology board


Work Readiness


Only after completing the Skills Assessment can you engage in meaningful conversations with Educational Psychology employers, as you will be considered ‘Work Ready’.


Apply for Jobs as an Educational Psychologist in Australia


Medical Migration™ is the go to International Recruiter for Educational Psychology employers in the Australian Healthcare Industry. We are not a general medical job board, we work personally with our clients to match them with suitable employers in Australia.


We only work with ‘Approved Employers’ of Educational Psychologists in Australia. Being an Approved Employer means they have already received approval from the Australian Government to employ Overseas Qualified Educational Psychologists.

Skills in Demand (Employer Sponsored Visas) for Educational Psychologists


We work exclusively with approved Healthcare sponsors throughout Australia to capitalize on the new Skills in Demand Visas in Australia for Educational Psychologists.


This new visa class makes it far easier for Australia employers to hire qualified foreign Educational Psychologists, with a clear pathway to Permanent Residency. 


The Skills in Demand Visa lasts for an initial four years, and is renewable once (making 8 years in total).


The Visa benefits from processing time of less than 4 weeks, and it also grants you 180 days to find a new employer should you choose to switch roles. Unlike previous Employer Sponsored Visas, there is no age limit for the new Skills in Demand Visas.


Our Educational Psychologist candidates do not have to pay for their visa processing services and it is illegal in Australia to have a new hire pay their own Visa fees.


Working with Medical Migration™ as an Overseas Qualfied Educational Psychologist


Medical Migration™ is not a Visa Agency. We are specialist Educational Psychology recruiters for the Australian Healthcare Industry.


We represent Internationally Qualified Educational Psychologists and our team of 20+ recruiters deliver a full suite of recruitment services and enterprise talent solutions.


You must hold Provisional Licensing to be one of our Candidates


We receive thousands of speculative Educational Psychologist job applications each week from all over the World. Many of these applicants are suitable, although they do not hold registration.


As an Internationally Qualified Educational Psychology you will not progress to interview stage without this registration.


There are two ways of getting registered


  • Use our ‘done-for-you’ Psychology Board Registration Service


  • Complete the process yourself


Remember, as a Educational Psychologist Recruitment Agency there is no cost to you to use our service, all we require is that you are Registered with AHPRA with your Provisional Educational Psychologist License.

We receive all types of vacancies from our employers including specialist Educational Psychology roles and even those suitable for Nurses in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.

Key Qualification Requirements for Overseas Educational Psychologists


  • be a licensed Educational Psychologist in your home country
  • hold a Degree in Psychology
  • have a minimum Masters Level Qualification in Psychology
  • get registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
  • be of any age
  • pass Police and background checks
  • have no adverse medical conditions
  • be competent in English
  • receive an Offer of  Employment as an Educational Psychologist

How Educational Psychologist Employers in Australia can recruit from overseas


Hiring Educational Psychologists from overseas has become easier for Australian employers with the new “Skills in Demand Visa,” which simplifies the previous Employer Sponsored (TSS) Visas.


Simplified Labor Market Testing


Employers no longer need to advertise positions through Workforce Australia. Now they only need to run two adverts for their Educational Psychologist positions. The advertisement period has extended from four to six months.


Revamped Fee Structure


The Skills in Demand visa introduced a trailing fee model, reducing the financial burden of upfront payments for Educational Psychologist employers. This also makes it easier for workers to move between employers by taking away the large upfront cost from the initial sponsoring employer.


Enhanced Employer Compliance


The Migration Amendment (Strengthening Employer Compliance) Act, effective from 1 July 2024, introduced stricter penalties and established new offenses for violations of sponsorship obligations. The approval process for Educational Psychologists sponsorship applications will include a thorough examination of employer workplace practices, compliance history, any negative findings from regulatory bodies, and past bankruptcies.


Additional steps will enhance post-arrival monitoring to ensure employers adhere to fair pay and conditions for workers. This involves coordination with the tax system and the integration of Tax File Numbers and Single Touch Payroll systems.


These changes have made the Skills in Demand visa more straightforward for employers to hire overseas qualified Educational Psychologists.

What is the cost to get Provisional Licensing as a Educational Psychologist from the Psychology Board

Provisional Registration as an Educational Psychologist in Australia costs just AUD $718 and takes around 12-24 weeks.


Medical Migration can handle the whole registration process for you from start to finish, simply take our Eligibility Check to get started

Do you work with Educational Psychologist Canditates from all over the World?

Medical Migration™ currently works with Internationally Qualified Educational Psychologists from the following Countries:


  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Canada
  • Ireland
  • Singapore
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • France
  • Germany
  • Netherlands

What Visa will I get?

As a foreign qualified Educational Psychologist you are eligible for the Skills in Demand Visa (SID) provided you secure a formal job offer.


The Skills in Demand Visa has a clear path to Permanent Residence, with no age limit.


As a qualified Educational Psychologist you may be eligible for other Australia Visas such as the subclass 189 190 and 491. However, because these Skilled Migration Visas have an age limit, require a Skills Assessment and a certain number of points, the process can take up to two or more years to process.


The total cost for a Skilled Migration application can run into many $000's with no guarantee of success. The maximum cost of a Skills in Demand Visa is simply the cost of your Provisional registration.

Am I tied exclusively to Medical Migration™

Once you have your Provisional Registration as an Educational Psychologist we will work to place you ASAP.


However, you can still apply for Educational Psychologist jobs on your own or through the usual sources. You are not tied to us and their are no fees to use our recruitment service.

Do I have to pay any Visa Fees?

It is illegal for an Australian Employer to charge you to process an Employer Sponsored Visa.

Are you MARA Registered?

  • We are not Visa Agents.
  • We do not process Visas
  • Your Employer is responsible for your Visa Fees
  • We work with your new employer and their agents


We are a recruitment specialist that matches overseas qualified Educational Psychologists with jobs in Australia. Any Visa fees will be paid for by your employer.

Whch Australian States do you operate in?

We actively recruit Educational Psychologists for employers in the following Australian States:


  • New South Wales
  • Queensland
  • Victoria
  • Tasmania
  • Northern Territory

What is the Skills in Demand visa for Educational Psychology Candidates}?

The Specialist Skills Pathway is designed for Educational Psychologists with a job offer of at least $135,000 AUD. This pathway offers priority processing within 7 days.


The Core Skills Pathway requires guaranteed annual earnings of at least $70,000 AUD and takes up to 21 days.


The Essential Skills Pathway is targeted at essential workers with earnings under $70,000 AUD annually.

Do I need to take an English Test to work in Australia as an Educational Psychologist

If your Tertiary qualifications were taught exclusively in English there is no need for an Educational Psychologist to sit an IELTS English test to work in Australia or get registered with AHPRA.

What are the job prospects for an Educational Psychologist in Australia?

The job prospects for an Educational Psychologist in Australia are driven by an increasing demand for healthcare services throughout Australia.


The Educational Psychology profession is experiencing substantial growth in Australia. Employment for registered nurses is predicted to grow by 13.9% over the next three years. However, despite this growth, there is an expected shortage of over 100,000 nurses by 2025 and more than 120,000 by 2030​.

The average salary for nurses in Australia is currently AUD $87,623 per year, with entry-level positions starting at AUD $76,062 and more experienced nurses earning up to AUD $118,606 annually.

Community Health Nurse Professionals with postgraduate qualifications can expect even higher salaries, potentially around AUD $141,235 per year​.

Can you guarantee me a job in Australia as an Educational Psychologist?

Seriously? Please don't ask us this question. Anyone who promises or guarantees you a job is best avoided. As Professional Recruiters we present our Educational Psychology candidates in the best possible way.


We work hard to secure an interview with what we hope will be a great employer / employee match and always follow up and provide feedback.

As Educational Psychologist, which jobs in Australia pay the most?

In Australia, the demand for Educational Psychologists is high in several "areas of need," reflecting critical shortages that impact the delivery of healthcare services.


Rural and remote regions face challenges in attracting and retaining Educational Psychology professionals. These areas have limited access to specialized medical services, which means that healthcare concerns may be delayed or relocated to urban centers.


This creates a substantial gap in healthcare access for residents of these regions, emphasizing the urgent need for more Educational Psychologists to provide comprehensive care locally.


Indigenous health services also experience a pronounced need for Educational Psychologists. These communities face higher rates of health issues, although are often in isolated areas. These roles pay the best, and arguably help the greatest people in need.

Medical Jobs in Australia for Overseas Appicants